Saturday, August 4, 2012

why, hello there, friends.



I think we should just ignore the whole "everyone-has-their-own-areas-of-expertise" thing and use this like The Notebook. *grins* Cause I have not seen all y'all all summer {'cept one ickle girlikins for about three hours this past week} and want to know how you guys are doing! Seriously. People. No communication for the past two-plus months? *shakes head*

I will own up to the fact that I haven't really been online much either this summer, so my apologies. *puppy eyes* Forgive me?

---

Currently for me: {aka summer in a nutshell}

Last two weeks of June were spent helping out with VBS. Love. Then an awkward month full of waiting for other people to get back to me about possible internships. Always fun. {*sigh* First two weeks of July were spent hoping that I could work at Bark Magazine in Berkeley, last two weeks of July were spent waiting for the East Bay SPCA to call me back about helping out there with their Marketing section... and we're still playing phone tag, which makes me sad}. Went to the Renegade Craft Fair in SF with Ruth and Janelly. Twas cold. We found out Zoe has the equivalent of doggy breast cancer, so she had surgery {can dogs get mastectomies?} this past Monday. To keep her from licking, they gave her a cone collar, which constantly makes me think "Cone of Shaaame" {Dug from Up!}. And the Olympics make me happy.

Now.

Debrr, how goes the NOLA-ing {is that a thing/can I make it one or am I just showing how Californian I am}? Details on your internship, the food, and life in general, please. Since you're the only world-traveller out of all of us, regale us with your tales from a distant land!

Soooooo, Steben sir, how goes summer school? *cheeky grin* Having fun spending the summer in San Diego?

And while I sort of caught up with Mickeyla during that three/four hour mini-hangout, the girlie is spending some time in Honduras on a missions trip, so cross your fingers that her Spanish comes in handy-- a friend and I told her to find a guy our age-ish and say to him, "Necesito un novio. Tu eres muy guapo." You never know what might happen... *hee*

---

Thanks for letting us know about Mrs. Myers, Steben. I hadn't been on Facebook for several days, so I didn't know until you texted. I got the chance to attend her memorial service with Ruth and her mom and it was really sweet. They also showed pictures of her as a little kid and as a teenager-- d'awww.

There were a lot of people from CCS there {as would be expected, I suppose}, so we got the chance to chatter with people after the service. Did you know JCheung is majoring in MocTox? I must say, that's one of the coolest major abbreviations I've heard since PhySci. Apparently, MocTox is Molecular Toxicology. Ooooh. And y'all should have heard Howie and his legit Spanish accent! *sniffle* Our Howie is growing up. He's becoming even more travel-happy than one Debrr I know. I think one of the best lines of the entire conversation was the casually tossed out, "Yeah, I have to go to Egypt for a pharmaceutical convention." He has to. Like it is such a burden.  We definitely teased him about that one.

Our little Debate kidlets also did some growing up during their one year of college. Pretty much all the girls have done something to their hair-- Lizzie has multi-colored {think pink and blue and purple} streaks, Shelly got a really awesome {if definitely asymmetrical} haircut, and the list goes on.

Reason #8974 why I like you guys: I think we'll still look about the same when we're 82; so when we're old and senile, we might still vaguely recognize each other. Whoot.


---


* I just happen to like the print. Technically, I don't think it has anything to do with the topics in this post... Does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment